This opportunity is with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations.
Data Center Colo Facilities Manager – Toronto, ON
We are looking for an experienced Critical Facility Manager to support a mission critical data center. The Data Center Manager will be responsible for managing the operation and maintenance of the critical facility physical infrastructure systems in accordance with company's policies and procedures. The Data Center is a 7x24x365 a year operation. The Data Center Facility Manager will be managing Mechanical and Electrical Technicians. The facility manager will manage both the facility as well as for the customers that are in the building. .
- Operate and Manage both routine and emergency service on a variety of state of the art critical systems such as: medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, fire detection / suppression; building monitoring systems; etc
- Supervise the on-site management of sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work is performed according to established practices and procedures.
- Manage local client relationship and act as the point of contact for the company at this site.
- Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance.
- Work with IT managers and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency.
- Create, utilize and administer MOPs and SOPs for all work on critical facilities / data center facility equipment.
- Schedule work activities, within specified change control / management protocol.
- Maintain a constant state of readiness in support of the mission goal of 99.999% uptime
- 7-10 years of data center / critical facility operations and maintenance experience.
- Solid Understanding of Critical Electrical and Mechanical / HVAC equipment ( UPS, Generators, Switchgears, PDU's, CRAC Units, Chillers, etc. )
- Experience supervising a technical staff
- Previous experience with Client Management / Customer Support
- Data Center Colocation experience a huge plus
- Background in CAD design, build and operations of data centers a huge plus
- Background in Space Planning – cabinets, racks, power strips, connectivity, structured cabling, telecom network deployment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Personable / ability to build rapport with both internal and external customers
- Belong to local professional organizations – 7x24, Uptime, Caprate, DataCenterDynamics, etc
Please send any interests or resumes to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 11549105 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, http://jobs.pkaza.com
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V