This opportunity is with a Leading Global Technology Firm that is above the rest in their respective business sector. They have an engineering team that provides design / build, operations / maintenance and commissioning services for all enterprise data centers / mission critical facilities and other critical company locations. Their engineering team consists of individuals with extensive experience designing / servicing / managing / operating mission critical facilities.
Data Center QA / QC Manager - Richmond VA
We are looking for an experienced Data Center QA/QC Manager to support multiple critical facility data centers. The QA/QC Manager will be responsible for managing the overall quality and service of the operation and maintenance of multiple critical facility infrastructure systems in accordance with company's policies and procedures. These Data Centers are a 7x24x365 a year operation. Responsibilities include the delivery of quality and consistent services and support as established by the Corporation while satisfying unique site requirements, managing issue resolution and ensuring proper performance reporting of key metrics for the region, establishing goals and objectives for the region based on strategic and business plans of the corporation. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in creating and implementing multi-facility, standards based Operations & Maintenance programs. Must have experience analyzing processes, creating process documentation, developing operational procedures and communicating effectively with both business and operations managers.The Subject Matter expert supports the development and implementation of Mission Critical O&M initiatives, based on company’s best practices.
- Performing periodic site walk-throughs in order to ensure Company’s procedures (SOPS and MOPS) and standards are followed. This includes assisting the Facilities Manager, Technicians and any other contracted vendors.
- Communicating the status of the operation process with senior management.
- Site acceptance and commissioning of the facility to ensure the site meets the superior and dynamic standards of Company Standards.
- Assisting in the development of procedures/Method of Procedures (MOPs) for the DC build in addition to approving MOPs for data hall work.
- Provide coverage for onsite data center manager with both routine and emergency service on a variety of state of the art critical systems such as: medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, fire detection / suppression; building monitoring systems; etc
- Supervise the on-site management the facility manager, facility technicians, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work is performed according to established practices and procedures.
- Manage at a high level – the client relationship and act as escalation point of contact for the company for each site.
- Manage the establishment of performance benchmarks, conduct analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance.
- Work with business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency.
- Review MOPs and SOPs for all work on critical data center facility equipment.
- Ensure that a constant state of readiness in support of the mission goal of 99.999% uptime
- Conduct critical facilities Operations and Maintenance (O&M) program analysis and reporting
- Design Critical Environment Programs for both internal and external clients.
- Coordinate with Design/Construction Team
- Provide consulting services on existing critical environment O&M programs.
- Assess, recommend and implement industry best practices into new and existing Critical Environment Programs.
- Provide feedback to senior management for the continuous improvement of the Critical Environments program.
- Develop process documentation and training materials.
- 10+ years of data center facility operations and maintenance experience.
- Data Center Commissioning Experience
- 5 years leadership experience in data center facility operations. Solid Understanding of Critical Electrical and Mechanical / HVAC equipment in a data center environment
- Data Center Capital Project experience a plus
- Navy Nuke Experience - Navy Nuke Trained / Naval Nuclear Training
- EMN - Electricians Mate (Nuclear Trained)
- ETN - Electrical Technician (Nuclear Trained)
- MMN - Machinist Mate (Nuclear Trained)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; Good presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering a plus
- Superior analytical, planning and problem resolution skills
- Highly organized with proved project management abilities
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; proficient in Microsoft Office
Please send resumes to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 10277575 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://jobs.pkaza.com
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Peter Kazella & Associates Inc / Pkaza is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.