|Our client is an established Electrical Contracting Firm that is a leader in the Data Center / Mission Critical Facilities Market. They provide electrical contractors, designers, electrical commissioning, operations / maintenance, and management expertise for their clients’ critical power needs.
Responsible for the overall management and success of projects in the pre-construction phase:
RFP response through pre-construction, pre-purchase and turnover to construction manager. Manages local and regional office staff assigned to the project. Creates and maintains strong working relationships with client’s representatives as well as architects, engineers and all other professional groups involved in the project. Provide oversight for the accurate and timely completion of all paperwork, estimates, schedules and other administrative aspects required for strong project management execution.
- Prepares and reviews all project schedules, estimates, and reports to ensure accuracy. Provides project status report, financial reports and project schedules in accordance with company guidelines on timeliness and completeness of information.
- Perform all tasks associated with the pre-purchase of major electrical equipment, including identification of local / regional / national equipment vendors, document lead times and competitive advantage of pre-purchase versus sub-contractor direct.
- Review all commissioning specifications and prepare gap analysis for scope inclusion between vendors and sub-contractors.
- Manage and monitor payment of fees from the client to ensure timely payments.
- Monitor all pre-construction activities: schedules, budgets, equipment procurement, spending and related items to ensure timely and quality completion of assigned pre-construction projects.
- Facilitates and manages weekly project status meeting with owner, owner’s rep, vendors, subcontractors and others connected with the project.
- Perform final review of pre-construction documentation for the projects including review of early bid documents, review of bid procedures, review of vendor and subcontractor qualifications, review of final estimates, pre-purchased equipment, labor and material takeoffs and related information.
- Notify subcontractors of successful and unsuccessful bid approvals and award jobs / Provide appropriate reasoning as needed. Procure all materials for the project in accordance with established procurement policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective working relationships with architect, engineers and other vendors along with client, building representatives, subcontractors and others who are on the project team.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Construction Management a Huge Plus
- Electrical Systems background
- Experience with Uninterruptible Power Supplies – (UPS – Eaton, Powerware, Liebert / Emerson , APC / MGE , ) , Switchgears, Diesel Generators a must
- Client facing /Client relationship / Client Management skills.
- Effective Communicator – emails, phone and face to face.
- Solid Project management experience / Decision Maker
- Financial / Budgetary Responsibilities
- Proven Negotiator
- Ability to work independently and or manage a team
- Computer savvy: Word, Excel, MS Project, AutoCAD a plus
- Solid Organizational, Planning and troubleshooting skills
- Task Oriented / Ability to Prioritize
- Business Development experience; previous experience creating RFPs
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 10277215 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://jobs.pkaza.com
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V