This opportunity is with a leader of construction services for large scale facilities construction projects. This firm provides a complete life cycle of solutions that are custom-fit to the requirements of their client's critical facilities. They build these critical facilities nationwide and are aimed at adding value and strength to their clients by providing expertise in current pricing and economic trends, while utilizing the most up to date means and methods in the construction and design industries.
MEP Construction Estimator - Houston, TX
- Prepare and review Price and Cost Proposals / Specifications, drawings or customer requests to determine equipment requirements.
- Prepare and review the scope specified within the proposal to ensure it includes appropriate scope
- Prepare price work up sheets to accurately determine costs and profits
- Review the labor rates to ensure accordance to the contract specifications and check labor productivity to ensure hours allotted are appropriate to minimize working restrictions, overtime, etc.
- Prepare and review the material pricing and validate against other pricing references, acquire material quotes when possible
- Prepare and review pre-purchased material or equipment and/or equipment rental rates against fair and reasonable pricing references
- Review contractor mark-ups to ensure that the correct mark-ups are being used and that any mark-up caps are not exceeded
- Assist with the Preparation of Sales Proposals
- Assist in sales strategy for proposals
- Interface with Project Managers regarding project requirements
- Will participate in the negotiation meeting with subcontractors
- Develop cost estimates from the engineering drawings; proactively identify deficiencies and/or questions; and actively assist the project team toward the answers
- Prepare and review material take-offs from contract documents and drawings
- Prepare conceptual and cost study estimates from preliminary sketches
- Accumulate, evaluate and document historical cost data for the development of future estimates
- Experience with Construction Services for Large Buildings / Facilities a Must
- Electrical / Mechanical Systems background
- Excellent customer service skills
- Capable of Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- MS Office Skills to include: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Construction
- 5-10 years of experience in performing Cost Estimates, Reviewing Contractor's Price and Cost Proposals for major engineering and construction projects
- Heavy Construction Projects experience is preferred
- Experience with Construction Estimation Software (Timberline, CMIC, etc)
Qualified candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 10277194 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://jobs.pkaza.com
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V