Opportunity is with a company that is a Leader in Critical Power Testing and Commissioning Solutions. Their service offering supports Critical Facilities: data centers, telecommunications facilities, and disaster recovery sites.
Critical Power Sales Associate - Northern VA
The sales associate will be responsible for developing relationships with major enterprise and colocation end users as well as valuable channel partners. This person must be able to develop regional vertical market segments and tailor specific requirements to that vertical market. The BD Executive will report directly to the VP of Sales and Marketing and will be responsible for the continued development of business and results for the region for the company.
- Develop new business and maintain existing accounts in the Mission Critical Data Center Market
- Secondary focus selling into the Utility and Marine industries.
- Prepare proposals, presentations, and briefings.
- Establish positive relationships with existing business partners in hopes to generate additional business.
- Cold Call New prospects and manage entire sales process from first contact to closing the deal.
- Maintain and review sales prospect pipeline and sales forecast
- Develop strategic relationships that will help bring in additional sales opportunities.
- Develop and manage an effective channel strategy from both a sales and marketing perspective.
- BA /BS Degree or equivalent work-related experience.
- At least five to ten years of industry experience in a sales capacity with increasing responsibilities working for an OEM or Third Party Service company or, UPS/Battery or related equipment sales and/or sales management experience. Must have an extensive network of relevant contacts that can become potential customers.
- Proven ability to be a strategically focused sales leader. Has developed a repeatable sales strategy focused on selling value to engineers, facility managers and/or property managers.
- Direct industry experience in either sales of data center / mission critical mechanical / electrical products and/or services.
- Solid understanding of Power Generation and able to communicate at all levels of sales contacts like contractors, owners reps, and end users
- Ability to accurately forecast, manage and estimate prospective individual revenue.
- Proven success with a rapidly growing regionally focused company that was able to achieve/exceed their revenue and profit goals with a small budget.
- Sell value proposition and not price and has proven management ability.
- Strong knowledge of the sales cycle with the demonstrated ability to manage a sales pipeline.
- Demonstrated ability to close small and mid-size transactions and assist in closing larger, more complex transactions including experience responding to and winning large scale RFP’s with large multi-location end users and property management firms, and construction / general contracting firms.
- Excellent personal image, articulate with the ability to directly interact with senior management of the customer or prospect.
- Experience in the construction industry a plus
- Excellent organizational and Project management skills. Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and be meticulously accurate. Neatness, organization and professionalism will be a key part of this position combined with the demonstrated ability to work in a small team environment.
- Ability to develop sales leads from personal networking activities.
- Ability to close small and medium-sized transactions and assist in closing larger, complex transactions.
- Experience responding to large scale RFP’s with end users or property management firms.
- Must be able to listen and comprehend oral information.
- Strong knowledge of the sales cycle with demonstrated ability to manage a sales pipeline to achieving the budgeted revenue.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 10110413 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, http://jobs.pkaza.com
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Peter Kazella & Associates Inc / Pkaza is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.